Optima Batteries are some of the best on the market today. They are top sellers on most online websites and were going to give you a review of some of the best ones available to purchase.
The 8040-218 D35 YellowTop Battery Product review
The Optima Battery 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top is a dual purpose battery which was designed for a deep cycling and starting. It has a 650 cold cranking amps of cold start and reserve capacity of 98 minutes, which is a bit less powerful and smaller than the 8052-161 D31M or 8016-103 D34M Blue Top battery.
This is as a result of its cool weather resistance and vibration proof exterior, and this is just about the most long lasting outdoor performance batteries available. It is 15 times stronger than the batteries in the same range, making it an excellent choice for boat use.
With a weight of about 36.4 lbs, this 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top is lighter than the higher capacity 8052-161 D31M Blue Top by 35%. It also has a compact size –which length is less than 10 inches. Hence, this makes it a top choice battery for small boats with limited space.
- Rated at 650 cold cranking amps, this gives you enough necessary power to start outboard motors of small and medium sizes and other accessories.
- The dual-purpose design allows this 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top to be used as a deep cycling or a starting battery.
- It has a 98 minutes reserve capacity; this 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top delivers sufficient power for use as a deep cycling battery, which makes it a good choice for small boats with has trolling motors.
- The 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top has the same outer plastic thickness as the other dual Optima batteries, which gives it 15 times the same level of vibration resistance as compared to similar batteries from the other brands.
- Because this battery technology uses pure 99.99% lead-acid Spiral Cell cells, it has a long battery life and can last twice as much as other batteries.
- The battery weighs only 36.4 pounds and has a length of fewer than 10 inches, it is lightweight and a small battery that is easy to assemble and store in any boat with a limited amount of space.
It is designed for small boats and vehicles where space is tight; Optima 8040-218 D40 Yellow top batteries delivers a performance that is excellent in a compact format, which measures less than 10 inches from end to end and weighs less than 40 pounds.
The biggest advantage, by far, this battery possess is the versatility it provides. Having 650 cold amps, this cool battery has enough power to start most of the small sizes outboard motors. And small to medium sized accessories that require a moderate amount of power.
It also has a reserve capacity of 98 minutes, and this is so impressive for such a battery with a small form factor. However, they do not last as long as they would in larger batteries, their reserve capacity makes it suitable for a small trolling motor.
Like all other products which use an AGM Optima technology, the 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top recharges so quickly. It also comes with a mouthwatering 36-month warranty. This offers three years of coverage and replacement should the battery become defective.
Like all other AGM batteries, this Yellow Top 8040-218 D35 can be damaged if it is overcharged or conversely, poorly charged. If you have not used or charged such type of battery in the past, then you have to read and study the manual in detail to avoid damaging the battery and reduce the ability to hold power.
Here’s our final verdict
This 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top is a very compact battery pack of 35 groups offering excellent performance without the size or extra weight of the higher battery performance. If you need a reliable and dual battery purpose battery for your car or small boat, the 8040-218 D35 Yellow Top is an excellent product for you to choose.
- Brand - Optima
- Origin – Mexico
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 6.8 x 7.6 inches
- Weight: 36.4 kg
- Model- 8040-218
- Review 4.2 / 5 Stars
- Cold Cranking Amps- 620
- Marine Cranking Amps -770
- Nominal Voltage- 12 V
- Reserve Capacity- 98 minutes
- Capacity (20 Hr) - 48Ah
- Internal Resistance -0.003 ohms
- Open Circuit voltage -13.1 V
- Cover Color - Optima Yellow
- Electrolyte - Sulphuric Acid
- Case - Propylene
- Case Color - Light Gray
- Design (Plate) -It has a Spiral Cell Technology (Wound cell configuration)
- Group Size - BCI: 35
- Post Type - Dual SAE & 5/16 Stainless Stud
The Ultimate Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top Marine Battery Review
A marine battery is one of the most crucial, units for those people who are marine professionals and enthusiasts. In fact, it is a mode of backup or direct power for any boat or other marine units. Therefore, having a battery that operates all the onboard appliances usually makes the recreational boating as well as fishing more pleasant. However, selecting a new marine battery from the available varieties in the market for your boat can be a very tough task, particularly for those people who are new purchases. This is because there are many types of marine batteries with various features and specifications, different applications, chemistry, disadvantages, and advantages. In this post, you will get more detail about the best battery in the market: Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top Starting And Deep Cycle Marine Battery.
The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top is one of the top rated marine battery all over the market for trolling motor. However, unlike many other batteries available which you can only use for either engine starting applications or deep cycle, this powerful battery can carry out the two tasks. It is designed for both deep cycling and starting the motor. With its 750 cold cranking Amps as well as the vibration resistance and 120-minutes reserve capacity, The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top is a high-quality battery that usually delivers multiple excellent performances.
The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top weighs approximately 43.5 pounds, and it is a mind-weight battery that provides superior performance compared to many of its heavier and liberal counterparts. It is a great battery to supply power to your unit, may it be a marine boat, or your RV. The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top is the best dual-purpose battery that is found in Optima’s group 34, and it is a 12V AGM battery, which consists of 50AH capacity. It is perfect for all high-power demanding accessories and with its deep cycling and starting power capabilities, which is approximately three times compared to the standard batteries, it is an ultimate option for the marine people who are looking for a strong, powerful and long-lasting marine battery in this category. The following are some features and specifications of The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top.
Features of The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top
- The Optima 8016-103 D34M Battery is made of pure lead-tin alloy. This alloy is perfect in taking large capacities of current without overheating. These alloy plates are also capable of reacting with the sulfuric acid without necessarily forming or producing an oxide coating to the plates. Note that the oxide layer formed on the plates of many other batteries is the primary cause of their failure, specifically in most saturated acids cells.
- With its capacity of 55AH, the Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top battery can discharge a constant of about 55A for a single hour. It can also remove a current of up to 750A for about thirty seconds at Zero Degrees Fahrenheit and 870A at about 32 Degree Fahrenheit.
- Its weight and small size do not overload your marine unit or boat; even you have several of them. It has a small compact size that is great even when you want to create a battery bank, and you don’t have enough space.
- The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top battery is designed to tolerance vibration and can not damage itself. It has an exterior casing or cover that is approximately 15 times more resistant to vibration compared to other similar batteries available in the market for the competing brand.
- With its 120 minutes reserve capacity, this battery will deliver consistent performance in most cases. However, it is wise to note that if you draw an excessive amount of current from this battery, the reserve capacity will drain a little bit faster.
- The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top is sold together with two-years warranty. The warrant puts this gadget right at the top of this class in terms of care as well as customer support. Therefore, if the battery has some defects or the quality of the battery has some issues that may appear during the first two years of use, the company (Optima Batteries Manufacturer) will offer a replacement free of charge.
- It works excellently and with the trolling motor and delivers consistent performance.
- Designed with superior vibration resistance to protect itself from any damage.
- It is a dual-purpose battery and can be used for both deep cycling and engine starting
- Protected against any occurrence of breakdowns, defects, and wear that can cut its life short by the 2-years warranty
- Since it has SpiralCell Technology, it can be recharged up to three times.
- Long life if it is well maintained
- It is far much affordable if you compare the service it will provide
- If you draw excess power, it will shorten the standard capacity.
The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top is a sealed and maintenance free battery that can afford you the comfort and luxury to utilize it without any fear of leaked gas explosion. Provided it is not overcharged, you can high depend on its recombination technology to manage and withhold its gases. Furthermore, this battery will not spill the electrolyte if you accidentally tilt it. If you want to manage your small space because of your small size trolling boat, this is the perfect option that is currently designed for you. It is compact enough to fit your tight space and also lightweight not to overload your boat.
If you are searching for the top rated marine battery, then The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top is the right battery for you. It recharges faster than you expect and can supply enough current to your unit. It can also be used to crack up your unit engine, especially during freezing temperatures. The Optima Batteries 8016-103 D34M Blue Top is a versatile battery which is dual-purpose. Having a reserve capacity of 120 minutes, and of course the durable design, it is an excellent deep cycling and power starting battery that provide great value for your money!
THE OPTIMA 8002-002 BATTERY RED BATTERY
The OPTIMA Red Top model number for this battery is 34. If you are replacing an OPTIMA® battery you already have, this model is the same as batteries marked 8002-002, 9002-002, 27932, 34-980, RED34S, SC34A, N9934RED, or RED34.
The OPTIMA Red Top series boasts of the strongest five-second starting burst in the industry. The Spiral Cell AGM design has up to 15 times more vibration resistance than other leading brands. The 34 has reliable cranking power for your auto, car or truck and twice the life. The ultimate high-CCA starting battery is made for vehicles that have alternators capable of keeping up with all electrical loads.
The RedTop is a high-performance battery. It is the ultimate starting battery designed to deliver a powerful burst of ignition power for a reliable start-up every time. It has been designed to withstand hard launches, extreme corners and it is race proven for every road every day whether it's used as a truck battery, automotive battery, or for other applications. The RedTop will outperform better and last longer than traditional batteries in demanding cranking/starting applications.It has an impressive high-power delivery and extremely resistant to the most common causes of battery failure; the RedTop is ideal for trucks, SUVs, hot rods, street cars and other applications that require a spillproof starting battery. Its reputation as a vehicle battery or automotive battery is unsurpassed.
Optima 8002-002 Battery Features:
- SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY
- Ultra-High AGM Performance Technology
- Over 15x More Resistant To Vibration
- Low Self Discharge Rate
- Up To 2x Longer Life
- Longer Shelf Life
- Completely Spillproof
- Faster Recharging
- Strongest 5-Second Starting Burst
- ISO 9001 & 14001 Certified
- 36 Mo. Noncommercial Warranty
- Over 300 Cycles to 80% DOD
Optima Batteries Q&A
- What does cranking amps mean? Unless you live in alasak cranking amps will not really apply to you. It is a measure of starting your car in really cold temperatures so if your not starting your car in temps below zero I would not even have this on your mind. It does not pertain to you.